Dr. Ace Jovanovski isn’t just any prosthodontist. He is a Round Rock, TX dentist who is so well-respected in his field that he has lectured at the prestigious American Prosthodontic Society in Chicago. As a master prosthodontist, Dr. Ace Jovanovski offers a number of different denture options, including the following:
- Dental implant-retained dentures, which are designed to snap onto your dental implants and rest comfortably on your gums.
- Dental implant supported dentures rest upon a bar attached to your implants and replicate your most natural bite.
- Traditional removable dentures, which are custom-fit to your mouth and are easy to remove, clean, and wear.
- Partial dentures for those who are interested in replacement teeth but still have one or more natural teeth that they’d like to keep in place.
Our office may even be able to treat you on a same-day basis, so you can leave Jovan Prosthodontics with a complete set of teeth, depending on which kind of denture you need.
TRADITIONAL FULL AND PARTIAL DENTURES
Traditional dentures are made to look like your natural teeth and fit over your gums. They’re held in place by a special denture adhesive. You can have an entire arch of teeth replaced by a full denture or just a section of missing teeth replaced by a partial denture.
Dentures come with many benefits, ranging from physical health to self-confidence.
- Like all replacement teeth options, dentures make it possible for you to eat and enjoy a variety of foods while still maintaining good oral hygiene. You’ll no longer be trapped with a diet of soft foods and liquids.
- When you lose your teeth, your cheeks sink in, and you may notice increased wrinkles around your lips. A denture can return fullness and youthfulness to your face, boosting your self-confidence and giving you another reason to smile.
- Tooth loss can affect your appearance and, in turn, your self-confidence. Replacement teeth make it possible to be proud of your smile again, and can banish any worries you might have about the appearance of your teeth.
Dentures are a durable option for teeth replacement that can help you enjoy your life— without the frustrations of missing teeth.
Implant dentures come in two types: implant-retained and implant supported dentures. What’s the difference, and how can you determine which is right for you?
Implant-retained dentures snap onto your dental implants and rest on your gums. With these dentures, your gums will absorb the majority of the force of your bite. These dentures are less similar to a natural bite than implant-supported dentures and will need to be removed at night.
However, implant-retained dentures can generally be placed in areas with denser, healthier bone, which reduces the need for bone grafts. This means that you may be able to choose this option even if you have experienced some bone loss due to your missing teeth.
Implant supported dentures rest on a bar that attaches to your dental implants. These dentures might require minor bone grafts and soft tissue healing but can also provide the most natural bite, where the majority of the force of your bite is absorbed by your teeth.
No matter which type you choose, you’ll be able to alleviate many of the common complaints patients have about traditional dentures:
- Loose fit – Dental implants are rooted in your jawbone, so your dentures are securely held in place. There’s less risk that they’ll come loose while you’re talking or enjoying a good meal. You won’t have to worry about dentures slipping out of place!
- Gagging – Traditional dentures stay in place using some type of paste, which allows for more movement than replacement teeth firmly held in place by dental implants. You can expect less discomfort, including gagging, with implant-based dentures.
- Gum irritation – Your denture will be supported by dental implants, so they’ll often rub against your gums. In the case of implant-supported, your denture rests on a bar, not your gums.
- Bone loss – The bone loss that occurs when you lose teeth can change the shape of your jaw and palate. Dental implants help slow this loss and can even stimulate new growth, keeping your jaw healthy and strong.
Dental implants have revolutionized the world of dentures. If you want to experience the difference that dental implant dentures can make in your life, call for a consultation.
Because we are fully committed to the comfort and care of our patients, we want to meet with you and hear about your needs. We will carefully evaluate every aspect of your health and needs to help you decide which option will be best for your unique situation.
The Convenience Of An In-Office Lab
We use our own in-house lab to design all of these dentures. Rather than sending designs to an off-site lab, we can produce the customized dentures you need to replace your missing teeth quickly and conveniently.
Furthermore, Dr. Ace Jovanovski, a Round Rock TX dentist, is the only dentist the world who’s received a Master Certificate in Dental Technology (MCDT) from the National Board for Certification in Dental Technology.
Our in-house lab, combined with Dr. Jovanovski’s experience as a dental technician, adds up to a highly professional, customizable denture experience for all our patients.
Don’t let tooth loss damage your quality of life! For tooth replacement consultation with Dr. Ace Jovanovski or any questions about our services, call our dentist office at 512-716-1200 or use our easy online form if you are in the Round Rock – Georgetown TX area.