What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a permanent alternative to dentures for tooth restoration. Made of strong titanium or zirconium, dental implants are fused to the jawbone to function as the tooth’s root. They are then capped with a crown or bridge for complete, natural-looking tooth replacement.
The Benefits Of Dental Implants
• Permanent solution for tooth loss
• Improve chewing and speaking ability
• Improve facial appearance
• Replace one or more teeth without affecting the surrounding teeth
No special care or diet restrictions are required
How are dental implants placed?
The process of tooth restoration with dental implants occurs in three phases.
- The first phase includes placement of the implant, which remains covered beneath the gums for three to six months. During this healing time, the implant will naturally fuse to the jawbone.
- During the second phase, you will be fitted for an abutment and crown, which will take about two weeks to fabricate. After each of these two phases, you have the option of wearing a temporary tooth replacement.
- During the final phase, Dr. Ace will place your abutment and crown and ensure that your new tooth fits comfortably, looks natural, and meets your expectations.
Schedule An Appointment Today!
How do dental implants prevent bone loss?
When a person loses a tooth, the jawbone in that area will deteriorate over time. Dental implants are the only tooth-restoration option that can stimulate the jawbone during regular chewing so that bone loss does not occur.
How do I care for my dental implants?
Dental implants are susceptible to plaque and tartar buildup just like natural teeth. It is important to brush your teeth at least twice daily, floss each day, and visit your dentist regularly for cleanings.